The health and safety of our team, volunteers and visitors is paramount at the York County History Center. Our understanding of Covid-19 or Coronavirus is based upon information from the CDC, PA Department of Health and AAM which we have used to develop a plan for operations. In an address this afternoon, Mayor Helfrich encouraged public distancing. The History Center has a duty to aid our community in efforts to limit the potential spread of a serious illness. We are making decisions to postpone or cancel events based upon the information we have available to us.
The York County History Center has made the decision to cancel or postpone all special programs for the month of March. The Historical Society and Agricultural & Industrial Museum will remain open during our normal operating schedule. Details about how this will impact specific programs are listed below.
- March Second Saturday will not take place. The Ski Roundtop lecture and Family Activity will take place at a later date.
- The Volunteer Recognition Dinner, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 26th, has been postponed to June 25th.
- Civil War Roundtable scheduled for March 18th has been cancelled.
- AllVets Roundtable scheduled for March 25th has been cancelled.
- The March 28th Oral History Training will be rescheduled. An alternate date will be determined shortly.
We acknowledge that additional changes may be on the horizon based upon the fluidity of the pandemic. Please continue to check our Facebook, Instagram and website for future updates.