Give Local York
The History Center is proud to participate in York County’s 24-hour Give Local York on May 3rd. Please support the History Center by donating online at www.givelocalyork.org
May 3rd is Give Local York- a day long celebration of local non-profits in York County! You can show your support by making a donation at www.givelocalyork.org and selecting the York County History Center from the list of participating non-profits. Your donation will be processed through the Give Local website and counted toward our goal of $20,000 and the overall goal of $3 million! PLUS every dollar donated will be stretched with bonus funds provided by generous sponsors including the Cultural Alliance, giving your gift greater impact!
To celebrate Give Day we’ve lined up some great activities at the History Center:
- 9:00-5:00 Free admission to the Historical Society Museum PLUS at try out Ancestry.com to explore your family history. We’ll have a special Ancestry.com101 presentation with Becky Anstine at 10 am to help get you started!
- 10:00 4:00 Free admission to the Agricultural and Industrial Museum w/ a sample museum STEM activity and scavenger hunt for students!
- 11am Free Tour of the Gates House and Plough Tavern and then from 1-4 try out Colonial games and activities in the yard. Fun for all ages!
- 5:00-8:00 pm Tavern Tasting at the Colonial Complex with music from recent YorVoice performers, beer courtesy of Gift Horse Brewing and Brewery Products, yard games and more! Suggested donation $10 to any Give Local Charity!
- AND we are giving away AncestryDNA kits. Give in the 9 am, noon, 3 pm and 6 pm hours to be entered in a drawing for a free kit!
- Plus we’ll have a giving station on-site and free refreshments!
Historical Society Museum
250 East Market Street
York, PA 17403
Give Local York is Friday, May 3rd
- Give online between Midnight and 11:59 pm
- Gifts of $10 or more will be accepted online at www.givelocalyork.org
- We’ve got a day of activities planned and giveaways too! Stay tuned for updates
- Your donation will support our mission to inspire the exploration of York County’s history