Walking tours are offered each month in the summer and fall. All tours will begin at the ticket booth of the Colonial Complex (unless otherwise noted) and will last for about 90 minutes. Our walking tours are for an audience of age 12 and up.
September 2023 Tour:
Our newest tour offering will be of historic churches and cemeteries around downtown York. To register, click on the link below:
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com
More info on the tours:
All walking tours are $6 for members and $8 for non-members. They start at the ticket booth at the Colonial Complex (157 W. Market Street) at 6 pm.
*Please be aware that walking tours require traveling moderate distances with some uneven sidewalks.
- Revolutionary York –
- Travel to locations where some of our Founding Fathers spent their days while the Continental Congress was stationed in York.
- Learn more about the buildings that surround you which you may not have taken a second glance at.
- Civil War in York
- The Confederate invasion of York was witnessed by many buildings that remain. These buildings and their stories of the impact of the war on York is shared with guests.
- York’s history is displayed throughout the city in its murals. On this tour you will hear about the murals connection to York.
- Many people have called York home, and each person is a different story. Pay respect to York’s past by visiting the historic cemeteries around the city, and the various people interred there.
- Spooky York (October only)
- Hear some of the spine-tingling tales of historic haunts around York.
To sign up for any of our walking tours, check out our calendar HERE or contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private tour for groups of 4 or more.
Photo Courtesy of Randy Flaum