Walking tours are offered each month in the summer and fall. All tours will begin at the ticket booth of the Colonial Complex (unless otherwise noted) and will last 60-90 minutes. Our walking tours are for an audience of age 12 and up.
All walking tours are $6 for members and $8 for non-members. They start at the ticket booth at the Colonial Complex (157 W. Market Street) at 6 pm.
*Please be aware that walking tours require traveling moderate distances with some uneven sidewalks.
- Revolutionary York –
- Travel to locations where some of our Founding Fathers spent their days while the Continental Congress was stationed in York.
- Learn more about the buildings that surround you which you may not have taken a second glance at.
- Civil War in York
- The Confederate invasion of York was witnessed by many buildings that remain. These buildings and their stories of the impact of the war on York is shared with guests.
- York’s history is displayed throughout the city in its murals. On this tour you will hear about the murals connection to York.
- Many people have called York home, and each person is a different story. Pay respect to York’s past by visiting the historic cemeteries around the city, and the various people interred there.
- Spooky York (October only)
- Hear some of the spine-tingling tales of historic haunts around York.
To sign up for any of our walking tours, check out our calendar HERE or contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private tour for groups of 4 or more.
Photo Courtesy of Randy Flaum