Walking tours are offered every Wednesday evening at 6pm and every Saturday morning at 10am from June 3rd through October 28th. All tours will begin at the ticket booth of the Colonial Complex and will last for about an hour. Our walking tours are for an audience of age 12 and up.
All walking tours are $6 for members and $8 for non-members.
*Please be aware that walking tours require traveling moderate distances with some uneven sidewalks.
- Revolutionary York (Saturdays only and Wednesdays in September)
- Travel to locations where some of our Founding Fathers spent their days while the Continental Congress was stationed in York.
- Architecture (Wednesdays 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28)
- Learn more about the buildings that surround you which you may not have taken a second glance at.
- Civil War (Wednesdays 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26)
- The Confederate invasion of York was witnessed by many buildings that remain. These buildings and their stories of the impact of the war on York is shared with guests.
- Murals (Wednesdays 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30)
- York’s history is displayed throughout the city in its murals. On this tour you will hear about the murals connection to York.
- Cemeteries (NEW! Wednesdays in September, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27)
- Many people have called York home, and each person is a different story. Pay respect to York’s past by visiting the historic cemeteries around the city, and the various people interred there.
- Spooky York (October only)
- Hear some of the spine-tingling tales of historic haunts around York.
To sign up for any of our walking tours, click HERE.
Photo Courtesy of Randy Flaum