Family Day: Made in York
Join us for a day of family fun and learning! The Agricultural and Industrial Museum is already full of things made in York, but during Family Day there will also be hands on activities to learn about the history and science behind those objects. Part of the Cultural Alliance’s Celebrate Arts Week.
Learn together through activities, art, and performances!
In an effort to keep our visitors, staff, and volunteers safe, we are requiring our guests to register for an arrival time for this event. Masks must be worn inside the Agricultural and Industrial Museum during this event.
To register, pick a time below for your arrival:
Hands-on Activities Include:
- Flavor Lab: In the snack food capital of the world, create your own flavor of potato chip.
- Homopolar Motor: Learn to make a simple electricity powered motor.
- Pendulum Painting: Learn about patterns of motion while creating art.
- Pfaltzgraff Pottery: Paint a ceramic coaster with a Pfaltzgraff pattern.
- Learn about performance art with TAFE (Theater Arts for Everyone)
Especially for Little Ones:
- Learn about simple machines while playing with our gear wall.
- Sort vegetables by color at the farmers market.
- Learn how Stauffer’s cut out many cookies at once using playdough.
Frank Littlebear and the Red Visions Native American Dance Team
York Double Dutch Crew-2 PM
And much more…
Due to the recent rise of Covid-19 cases in our area masks are required to attend this event.