The York County History Center continues to make updates based on guidance from appropriate government agencies and health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the PA Dept of Health. These updates are designed to promote:
- Cleanliness and comfort
- Physical distancing
- Reduced contact
COVID-19 Update on our Operations 4.2.2022
All York County History Center sites remain open. Due to limits on capacity, visitors are strongly encouraged to reserve tickets online to visit our museums and library/archives.
Here’s what we do to keep everyone healthy throughout the History Center sites:
- We limit visitor capacity based on the building site and programs offered.
- We have altered our hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday to allow for extra cleaning and maintenance.
- We encourage you to pre-purchase tickets/reservations with online ticketing
- Library research requires pre-reservation due to capacity limits for proper social distancing
- Museum admission pre-purchase ticketing is strongly encouraged
- Programs such as the Tannenberg concerts, AllVets, and others will continue to issue reserved tickets for on-site seating. Programs may also be live-streamed.
- We clean and sanitize high-touch, high-traffic areas, with deep cleaning when the building is closed.
- Face Coverings: we are asking all visitors to do their part to keep each other safe by wearing a face covering while inside all of our facilities. If you forget your mask, our staff will be happy to supply you with one. Masking is required for the unvaccinated and for all when in close contact such as in the Library and Archives and on Guided Tours regardless of vaccination status.
- We encourage frequent hand washing and have provided hand-sanitizing stations throughout the museum.
- Visits are self-guided (except for the Colonial Complex) and encourage visitors to follow physical distancing practices.
- We will continue to offer York History at Home, including online exhibitions, virtual programming, and Facebook live events as appropriate.
- We encourage everyone to be aware of COVID-19 symptoms and ask anyone feeling unwell to stay home.