The York County History Center continues to make updates based on guidance from appropriate government agencies and health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the PA Dept of Health. These updates are designed to promote:
- Cleanliness and comfort
- Physical distancing
- Reduced contact
COVID-19 Update on our Operations 1/1/2021
Out of an abundance of caution, all York County History Center Museums, Library and Archives will be CLOSED to the public through March 31, 2021.
We apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to visit us in person, however we encourage you to visit our website and social media channels often for a variety of Virtual Program options, Library Research Requests and Online Shopping with curbside pickup.
If you have questions concerning our operations, please contact us at [email protected]. THANK YOU for your continued support of the York County History Center.
Here’s what we do to keep everyone healthy throughout the History Center sites:
- We limit visitor capacity based on the building site and programs offered.
- We have altered our hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday to allow for extra cleaning and maintenance.
- We encourage you to pre-purchase tickets/reservations with online ticketing
- Library research requires pre-reservation due to capacity limits for proper social distancing
- Museum admission pre-purchase ticketing is strongly encouraged
- Programs such as the Tannenberg concerts, AllVets and others will issue reserved tickets due to limited seating. Programs may also be live streamed.
- We clean and sanitize high-touch, high-traffic areas, with deep cleaning when the building is closed.
- Staff are required to wear fabric face coverings. We require visitors, volunteers, contractors and others to wear them while on site.
- Contact-less temperature checks are administered to all staff, volunteers and guests upon arrival.
- We encourage frequent hand washing and have provided hand-sanitizing stations throughout the museum.
- Visits are self-guided (except for the Colonial Complex) and encourage visitors to follow physical distancing practices.
- We will continue to offer York History at Home, including online exhibitions, virtual programming, and Facebook live events as appropriate.
- We encourage everyone to be aware of COVID-19 symptoms and ask anyone feeling unwell to stay home.