Give Local York
The History Center is proud to participate in York County’s 24-hour Give Local York on May 7th. Please support the History Center by donating online at www.givelocalyork.org
May 7th is Give Local York, a day long celebration of local non-profits in York County! You can show your support by making a donation at www.givelocalyork.org and selecting the York County History Center from the list of participating non-profits. Your donation will be processed through the Give Local website and counted toward our goal of $42,000! PLUS every dollar donated will be stretched with bonus funds provided by generous sponsors including the Cultural Alliance, giving your gift greater impact!
To celebrate Give Day we’ve lined up some great activities- both Live and in person (L) and Virtual (V) at the History Center:
- 10:00 am -7:00 pm Free admission to the Historical Society Museum (L)
- View a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation on display. This document is one of forty-eight copies of the original document and is on loan from the Historical Society of Pennsylvania through July.
- Join us for a pop up tour of the exhibit online (V)
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Free admission to the Agricultural and Industrial Museum with a museum STEAM activity and scavenger hunt for students. (L)
- 11:00 am- 3:00 pm Living History Demonstrations at the Colonial Complex (L)
- 4 pm Rebroadcast of our “Ancestors I Met on My Genealogical Journey” with Myra Neicy DeSheilds-Moulton (V)
- 12 noon Tannenberg Concert with Richard Frey (L) (V)
- 5:00-7:00 pm Visit the Colonial Complex for a campfire and smores’ (L)
- 6 pm Ophelia Chambliss gives us a sneak peak into the History Center’s next exhibit (V)
- 7 pm Scott Mingus presents: “Guiding Lights: Underground Railroad Conductors in York County, Pa.” (V) (L)
- AND we are giving away AncestryDNA kits. Give during specified hours to be entered in a drawing for a free kit!
Check back for more information and advanced tickets to attend our in person events. Per CDC guidelines, masks will be required and social distancing in place as well as limits to capacity for all of our in person activities.
Thank you for supporting the York County History Center for Give Local 2021!
Historical Society Museum
250 East Market Street
York, PA 17403
Give Local York is Friday, May 7th
- Give online between Midnight and 11:59 pm
- Gifts of $10 or more will be accepted online at www.givelocalyork.org
- We’ve got a day of activities planned and giveaways too! Stay tuned for updates
- Your donation will support our mission to inspire the exploration of York County’s history